Friday, July 16, 2010

When East Meets West

I was supposed to start IVF in June but it got postponed to this month as dear Doctor got called to Europe for a conference. And now that he’s back, Mr Hubs and I had a long heart-to-heart talk with him recently and we’re postponing it again,perhaps after Raya. This is mainly because the procedure’s gonna be demanding and will stretch into the fasting month. Call me selfish, but frankly speaking, I would like to spend my fasting month beramal ibadat sebanyak mungkin. Call me pessimistic, but with the knowledge I’ve gained about IVF procedure, I could imagine missing a whole lot of fasting days, missing Terawikhs etc. if I were to start now. If I could wait for 6 years, apalah sangat few months kan?

When Doc dropped the bomb to us that IVF is our only chance to conceive, I’ve started reading about the procedure in my spare time. Bought the book Making Babies by Dr Sami David and Jill Blakeway, a reproductive endocrinologist and a Chinese medicine practitioner respectively. The book is all about the revolutionary approach of combining Eastern and Western medicine in assisting people to get pregnant. As much as possible, I’ve incorporated good practices recommended by the authors. Healthy eating, exercise, gulping supplements. But one thing I’ve been meaning to try and haven’t found time to do is acupuncture. After reading Celine Dion now pregnant (with twins!) with the combination of IVF and acupuncture, I am more than determined to try. Cewwah, nak ikut Celine Dion ;) I asked around, not realising that help was just within reach! Call it rezeki, I bumped into an acupressure practitioner who has helped to restore my uncle’s heart’s condition which was drastically failing few months back. Of course, with Allah’s blessing that is. From being confined in his room in IJN, uncle is now able to walk, drive and even travel overseas for his business now. And since the last 1 week, acupressure practitioner’s home is where I’ve been heading to during lunchtime with Mr Hubs. The practitioner, whom I call Sifu, was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer over 20 years ago and Doc told him that he had no hope. Even the top Sensei in town at that time told him to just wait for the Angel of Death to come. Not willing to give up, he studied how he was decapitated by such ailment, he studied cells, he studied human bodies and picked up acupressure. Within a year, he restored his health and is cancer-free since then.



Acupressure, a blend of acupuncture and pressure is an alternative to acupuncture i.e. the alternative to sticking your nerves with needles and using pressure instead. So, during treatment, Sifu puts physical pressure using thumb, elbow and rolling pen onto the acupoints (points on the body related to the organs, systems etc). The general idea of acupressure is to identify what’s the problem, be it the organ, the endocrine system, the nerves, the drainage system etc throughout your whole body. And true enuff, the reproductive organs and systems of mine memang ada masalah sikit, just as diagnosed by the doctor. How do I know if they’re problematic? I feel some sensation and sakit lah when pressure is put on the acupoints. The objective of this treatment for me is to reduce whatever swelling of the reproductive organ, unblock the blocked tube, smoothen the drainage system and generate healthier and new cells so everything functions as what they should be. And later, when I undergo IVF, everything is cleansed and hopefully success rate is increased and it’ll work the first time. InsyaAllah, Aminnnn…I see this as some sorta blessing in disguise for postponing the IVF procedure. If I were to start IVF now, I wouldn’t have tried acupressure and wouldn’t experience the alternative method to not only correct whatever problem I currently have, but to regenerate health overall kan?

And thanks to one of my dear blog reader, Sue, she’s also shared a link for all mothers-to-be..You guys may wanna check this out http://www.pregnancymiracle.com.

Have a fab weekend, gorgeous readers!

12 comments:

Ermayum said...

insyaAllah dear - I pray that you get pregnant sooon :) - jangan putus berusaha and jangan putus berdoa k - all will be well for u :)

Jabberholic said...

Ermayum : Thanks so much darl for the kind wishes..

Anonymous said...

good luck babes, my prayers are with you< its OK to postpone afew months after all your pasting month is really sacred for the Muslims right? God bless dear - Sue

Jabberholic said...

Sue : Cheers love. You take care too. My prayers are with you and baby..

Yat Maria said...

Hi dear..

My prayers with you too..never give up hoping, trying & praying.. I sincerely wish you the best.. :)

Jabberholic said...

Yat Maria : Thanks loads dear for the sweet and kind wishes..Really appreciate it!

Yummy Mummy said...

Ms. J, all the best babe! My friend just had her IVF treatment recently at HUKM and is now 5 weeks pregnant with this first attempt. 4 embryos were seen in her uterus, although how many will survive remains to be seen. Mudah2an usaha dan doa you akan dimakbulkan, amin.

Jabberholic said...

Yummy Mummy : Thanks for the kind wishes. Truly appreciate it. May all our prayers be answered by the Almighty..

screamingmommy said...

all the best beb:) insyaAllah all these just part of dugaan and you'll be rewarded..take care ok?

Jabberholic said...

screamingmommy : Thanks loads babe..Hope dugaan will be rewarded..Aminnnn..

:: LadyVerde + Mr.Doc :: said...

thats a good info!
thanx for sharing babe...
insyaallah...
stay positive...u r in the right track ;)
looking fwd for more of ur IVF journey :D
can prep myself for my next trial insyaallah

Jabberholic said...

LAdyVerde: Thanks my dear! Good luck to both of us :) Hugs!